Storytimes open up the world of books, music, culture, and play to young children and their families.
Masks required for ages two and up.
When registering, please register only the participating child for the event.
Why is storytime important?
With an early introduction to skills such as holding a book or listening to stories, children have a better chance at succeeding in school, which translates into positive outcomes later in life. Stark Library focuses on providing the information and tools that parents, caregivers, and educators need to facilitate early literacy development. Early Literacy is the knowledge a child develops about reading and writing before actually learning to read or write.
What is the role of a parent or caregiver during storytime?
Watch storytime and participate along with your child to gain awareness of age-appropriate books, music, songs and activities suited for your child.
How can a parent or caregiver make the most of virtual storytime?
- By watching storytime regularly.
- By participating when encouraged to do so.
- By talking with your child about the stories afterward.
- By repeating the storytime rhymes and songs at home with your child.
- By typing in a comment in the social feed.
- By sharing the video with friends and family.