Do you think you're too old for storytime? Guess again! Enjoy stories, songs, and other fun-filled activities during a summer special storytime created especially for elementary aged children.
It’s easy to set your child up for a lifetime of success. In fact, you’re probably doing it without even realizing it. Every time you sing, play, rhyme, and read you are investing in your child’s future by building literacy skills, making learning fun, encouraging creativity, and sparking curiosity.
What is the role of a parent or caregiver during storytime?
A parent or caregiver must remain in the storytime area. It is the perfect time to gain awareness of age-appropriate books, music, songs and activities suited for your child.
How can you make the most of storytime?
- By attending storytime regularly.
- By arriving a few minutes early.
- By participating when encouraged to do so.
- By not bringing food or toys.
- By taking an upset child out of the area until he or she calms down.
- By talking with your child about the stories afterward.
- By repeating the storytime rhymes and songs at home with your child.