Let's celebrate the season and flavors of SPRING on May 22nd at the Plain Township Farmers' Market!
Over 35 LOCAL VENDORS offering a wide range of farm products and hand crafted creations. When it comes to growing the FRESHEST SEASONAL PRODUCE, your LOCAL FARMERS will be sure to please with MAY featured items like: spinach, buttercrunch & romaine lettuce, fresh cut herbs, bunching onions, microgreens, rhubarb & asparagus. Pair them with pastured meats, farmstead cheese, artisan bread, honey, maple syrup, baked goods, garlic products, coffee and more!
In addition to FRESH, QUALITY grocery and gift items, the market will be celebrating the spring growing season in the following ways:
* Visit with Know Your Roots at the Welcome Center to stock up on your fruit, herb, flower & veggie plants and PLANT a SNAP PEA SEED to grow at home!
* Receive a free HEALTH SCREENING courtesy of the Aultman Hospital Wellness on Wheels Van.
* In addition to chalk art, coloring pages and farm sensory bins in the KIDS CONNECTION TENT sponsored by Alex Wakefield - State Farm Agent, children are invited to visit with the Stark County BOOK MOBILE.
* Plan on a PICNIC in the park with Cheezyliciousfoodtruck.
* Enjoy the LIVE MUSIC acoustic rock & country talents of Bill Shankle.
* Take advantage of the beauty of Veteran's Park, by walking the trails, renting a bike, playing a game of disc golf, letting your furry pal run free at the dog park, and explore the playground.
*Make shopping in an open-air marketplace a breeze, with a CART/BASKET available near the main entrance and/or via use of the golf cart VEGGIE VALET.
Accepting applications for MUSICIANS & VENDORS at www.plaintownship.com/
Shop, dine and unwind with a diverse group of vendors that create a wide array of locally grown farm products and regionally produced home, health and pet care items. Food trucks, entertainment, educational opportunities will continue to add to a fun filled community oriented night at the park. Products for sale include: vegetables, fruit, herbs, meat, cheese, plants, fresh cut flowers, preserves, baked goods, honey, maple syrup, personal hygiene & home care products, pet friendly food & gear, crafts and much, much, more! Every week offers something new, such as local musicians sharing their talents, wellness classes, special events, cooking demonstrations & activities in the Kids Connection tent. It's a weekly event that everyone can enjoy! Stay up to date on all things market related via Facebook @PlainTownshipFarmersMarket.
Veterans Park, located at 1714 Schneider Street NE, Canton, OH 44721. Directly across the street from GlenOak High School and behind the Plain Township Fire & Rescue Department.
Open every Wednesday from May 1st until September 25th, 2019 between 4:00 - 7:00PM.
While we pride ourselves on being a rain or shine market, should severe weather occur in zip code 44721 during market hours, we will close early out of respect for everyone's safety. Check our Facebook page for confirmation.
Veterans Park is dog friendly and offers a scenic walking & biking trail, splash pad (Memorial Day - Labor Day), covered pavilion, disc golf course, bike rentals, top of the line playground and an award winning Veteran's Keystone Monument and Blue & Gold Star Memorial Markers.
PARKING: Available in the High Mill Church of the Resurrection with access to the park via a land bridge. Parking is also available to the right near the park entrance (along Schneider Street) and at the end of the access road that attaches to such. Handicapped parking is available in the Plain Township Fire & Rescue Department's rear parking lot.
VEGGIE VALET: Golf cart transport around the park and connecting parking lots is available for any market attendee in need by request at the Welcome Center.