Join us on May 1st to kick off the start of the 4th season at the Plain Township Farmers' Market!
Over 35 LOCAL VENDORS offering a wide range of farm products and hand crafted creations. If it grows in Ohio in May, our outstanding line up of farm vendors will be sure to have it. MEET YOUR FARMER and learn more about their growing methods and what to expect throughout the season: Fichter Farm, Heron Hill Farm, Tierra Verde Farms, Oak Tree Hydroponics, A Farmer’s Market (Crow Hill Farm), BJ Gourmet Garlic Farm, Evergreen Farm, Know Your Roots, D 'N' A Maple Syrup, Jack's Mountain Orchards & Log Cabin Farm.
In addition to FRESH, QUALITY grocery and gift items, the market will be celebrating the beginning of the growing season in the following ways:
* Visit the Welcome Center to get a newly created MARKET BROCHURE, highlighting all our full season vendors, amenities, events, map and more!
* Help us welcome back local chef Arthur Moreno, while he whips up simple meals with ingredients sourced from the market. Gain some tips and enjoy the FREE SAMPLES!
* In addition to chalk art, coloring pages and farm sensory bins in the KIDS CONNECTION TENT, children are invited to join Canton Country Day School for a FREE ACTIVITY and to learn more about Camp Country Day.
* Plan on a PICNIC in the park with Doanville's Finest Foods and Southern Thangs Food Truck.
* Check out Planting Seeds for a chance to win a BASKET RAFFLE of homemade, all natural, products that are infused with essential oils and a pallet painting! Learn more at: www.facebook.com/groups/PlantingSeedsYL/
* Take advantage of the beauty of Veteran's Park, by walking the trails, renting a bike, playing a game of disc golf, letting your furry pal run free at the dog park, and explore the playground.
*Make shopping in an open-air marketplace a breeze, with a CART/BASKET available near the main entrance and/or via use of the golf cart VEGGIE VALET.
Accepting applications for MUSICIANS & VENDORS at www.plaintownship.com/farmersmarket.aspx
Shop, dine and unwind with a diverse group of vendors that create a wide array of locally grown farm products and regionally produced home, health and pet care items. Food trucks, entertainment, educational opportunities will continue to add to a fun filled community oriented night at the park. Products for sale include: vegetables, fruit, herbs, meat, cheese, plants, fresh cut flowers, preserves, baked goods, honey, maple syrup, personal hygiene & home care products, pet friendly food & gear, crafts and much, much, more! Every week offers something new, such as local musicians sharing their talents, wellness classes, special events, cooking demonstrations & activities in the Kids Connection tent. It's a weekly event that everyone can enjoy! Stay up to date on all things market related via Facebook @PlainTownshipFarmersMarket.
Veterans Park, located at 1714 Schneider Street NE, Canton, OH 44721. Directly across the street from GlenOak High School and behind the Plain Township Fire & Rescue Department.
Open every Wednesday from May 1st until September 25th, 2019 between 4:00 - 7:00PM.
While we pride ourselves on being a rain or shine market, should severe weather occur in zip code 44721 during market hours, we will close early out of respect for everyone's safety. Check our Facebook page for confirmation.
Veterans Park is dog friendly and offers a scenic walking & biking trail, splash pad (Memorial Day - Labor Day), covered pavilion, disc golf course, bike rentals, top of the line playground and an award winning Veteran's Keystone Monument and Blue & Gold Star Memorial Markers.
PARKING: Available in the High Mill Church of the Resurrection with access to the park via a land bridge. Parking is also available to the right near the park entrance (along Schneider Street) and at the end of the access road that attaches to such. Handicapped parking is available in the Plain Township Fire & Rescue Department's rear parking lot.
VEGGIE VALET: Golf cart transport around the park and connecting parking lots is available for any market attendee in need by request at the Welcome Center.