Bring your furry leashed pals with you to the Plain Township Farmers' Market to do your weekly grocery & gift shopping with over 40 LOCAL VENDORS!
In celebration of your furry family members, treat them to a wide range of PET FRIENDLY products, including but not limited to: homemade treats, no tie bandannas, shampoo, snuffle mats, collar flowers, paw wax, refillable catnip mats, catnip toys & more hand crafted by Dogtown Bakery, Pillow Speak Pillowcases that talk, Planting Seeds & Annie's Armoire.
* ADOPT a pet in need of a furever home with Paw Crazy Rescue! View available pets and get pre-approved at Pawcrazy.org/adoption-application
* Soak in the acoustic Folk/Americana LIVE MUSIC offered by local three-piece band, Rock Salt And Nails! Check them out at RSN-Band and www.rsn-band.com
* Visit with MARKET SPONSOR, Discover The Difference Denise Makes and host of the Plain Township, Ohio Community Page for a pet friendly activity you won't want to miss!
* Help us welcome back local chef Arthur Moreno, while he whips up simple meals with ingredients sourced from the market. Gain some tips and enjoy the FREE SAMPLES!
* Children are invited to enjoy chalk art, coloring pages, shopping carts and farm sensory bins in the KIDS CONNECTION TENT, courtesy of MARKET SPONSOR, Alex Wakefield - State Farm Agent.
* Visit with MARKET SPONSOR, The Mucci Team for a unique way to treat your pet to a fun filled night at the park.
* Take advantage of the beauty of Veteran's Park, by walking the trails, renting a bike, playing a game of disc golf, letting your furry pal RUN FREE at the DOG PARK, and exploring the playground.
* Make shopping in an open-air marketplace a breeze, with a CART/BASKET courtesy of MARKET SPONSOR, The Commercial & Savings Bank, available near the main entrance and/or via use of the golf cart VEGGIE VALET.
Accepting applications for FOOD TRUCKS at www.plaintownship.com/farmersmarket.aspx
Shop, dine and unwind with a diverse group of vendors that create a wide array of locally grown farm products and regionally produced home, health and pet care items. Food trucks, entertainment, educational opportunities will continue to add to a fun filled community oriented night at the park. Products for sale include: vegetables, fruit, herbs, meat, cheese, plants, fresh cut flowers, preserves, baked goods, honey, maple syrup, personal hygiene & home care products, pet friendly food & gear, crafts and much, much, more! Every week offers something new, such as local musicians sharing their talents, wellness classes, special events, cooking demonstrations & activities in the Kids Connection tent. It's a weekly event that everyone can enjoy! Stay up to date on all things market related via Facebook @PlainTownshipFarmersMarket.
Veterans Park, located at 1714 Schneider Street NE, Canton, OH 44721. Directly across the street from GlenOak High School and behind the Plain Township Fire & Rescue Department.
Open every Wednesday from May 1st until September 25th, 2019 between 4:00 - 7:00PM.
While we pride ourselves on being a rain or shine market, should severe weather occur in zip code 44721 during market hours, we will close early out of respect for everyone's safety. Check our Facebook page for confirmation.
Veterans Park is dog friendly and offers a scenic walking & biking trail, splash pad (Memorial Day - Labor Day), covered pavilion, disc golf course, bike rentals, top of the line playground and an award winning Veteran's Keystone Monument and Blue & Gold Star Memorial Markers.
PARKING: Available in the High Mill Church of the Resurrection with access to the park via a land bridge. Parking is also available to the right near the park entrance (along Schneider Street) and at the end of the access road that attaches to such. Handicapped parking is available in the Plain Township Fire & Rescue Department's rear parking lot.
VEGGIE VALET: Golf cart transport around the park and connecting parking lots is available for any market attendee in need by request at the Welcome Center.