The Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP) is an eight week series designed to help people with pre-diabetes, diabetes, relatives and caregivers gain a better understanding of diabetes self-care.
Presented by Elizabeth Schweigert, Registered Dietician with Central State Extension Service.
• How the human body works
• How to avoid the risk factors for diabetes
• Monitoring glucose levels and other symptoms
• Tips for adding more physical activity and movement to your day
• Planning your meals to improve eating habits and maintaining good nutrition
• Identifying and preventing diabetes complications
• Diabetes medications and tips for communicating with your health care team
• Managing stress and involving your family and friends in your lifestyle changes to manage diabetes